Write a Short Note on Chlamydomonas
Short Note on Chlamydomonas
- i) It is single celled fresh water alga.
- ii) It is commonly found in ponds and drains.
iii) It can be clearly seen under microscope.
- iv) It is spherical oval or pear shaped.
- v) The cell is enclosed in a cell wall the maintain its shape.
- vi) It moves in water with the help of flagella.
vii) Chloroplasts are present for photosynthesis.
viii) Pyrenoid is present to store carbohydrates in the form of starch.
- ix) Eye spot helps it to determine its position and direction according to change in the intensity of light.
- x) Contractile vacuole expel excess water and wastes out from the cell.
- xi) It reproduces both sexually and asexually.
Therefore, as a rule, large publishers are engaged in the production of such books. In paperback, you can see works that are already in hard copy. Such books have a lower cost, which is why they are in great demand. The term of use of soft covers is short. But with careful handling, it can be increased. If the work is popular, the circulation can be quite large.