Write Short Note on Peripheral Nervous System
Note on Peripheral Nervous System
The peripheral nervous system consists of three systems of nerves.
- i) Cranial nerves
Cranial nerves travel between brain and various organs without passing through the spinal cord. They are sensory, motor or mixed nerves. They are associate with responses.
- ii) The Sympathetic nerves
They form autonomic nervous system. They prepare the body for emergency situation.
iii) Parasymgathetic nerves
They form autonomic nervous system. They involve in eating, sexual activity and urination etc. Autonomic nervous system therefore regulates involuntary systems of the body automatically.
Reflax arc is regarded as the functional unit of nervous system. A reflex is an automatic response to stimuli. A nervous pathway which operates without having to wait for directions of brain is a reflex arc. These reflexes increase the efficiency of nervous system. For example if our hand touches with a very hot thing it pulls back ward without any further delay.
Importance of Reflexes:
- i) Reflexes are mechanism for maintaining appropriate posture.
- ii) Reflexes are responsible to regulate blood pressure.
iii) They keep the body as per environmental condition. Involuntary Actions:
- i) Involuntary action is an action, which is performed without any conscious effort.
- ii) These actions have adaptive values because these actions required to produce at once.
iii) For example when a person touches something very hot the hand is automatically withdrawn.
- i) Voluntary Action is an action, which is performed on the will of an organism e.g. walking, talking, playing etc.
- ii) In these actions stimuli may be conveyed to brain or spinal cord.
iii) The brain or spinal cord then analyze the information and send motor impulses to effectors.
If the child does not want to read on his own, always read with him. Make reading a game. For example, read by role. Try to portray those characters whose lines you read. Ask the child to portray his heroes too. Most often, gaming activity arouses interest in a particular case. Reading can also lure characters into play. In this case, choose works with replicas of heroes. Most importantly, you must be a role model – download novelties, classics, and read them on your Kindle. The main thing is that the children see you reading different materials. They should see that reading is fascinating and enjoyable. The child always imitates his parents, therefore, looking at you, he will strive to read and love books.